Symptoms of Shoulder Pain
The shoulder is the most mobile joint in the body. Shoulder pain can take various forms and can really impact everyday tasks such as washing your hair, driving, and reaching.
- Frozen shoulder is a condition which can restrict movement and cause pain and stiffness over months or even years
- Some people experience inflammation of the tendons which is known as tendonitis. Others may suffer with Bursitis, a common condition which involves the swelling and inflammation of the bursa. The bursa is a sac filled with fluid which forms under the skin, often over the joints and acts as a cushion between the tendons and bones. This type of pain is particularly acute whilst using your arm or shoulder
- Arthritis may also be a recurring source of pain
- First of all, it is really important to keep moving. Regularly mobilise the shoulder gently to prevent stiffness and pain. One simple exercise to help relieve this pain is the pendulum stretch: Relax the arm on the side where the pain is, letting it hang straight down. Slowly begin to swing the relaxed arm by moving your body. Move it in a circle, then reverse the direction
- Stand up straight with your shoulders gently back
- Sit with a cushion behind your lower back and/or place a cushion on your lap so that you can rest your arm
How can Biofreeze help?
We recommend the use of: Biofreeze Roll-on
- Roll-On application allows effective delivery of Biofreeze gel to smaller muscles and joints throughout the body
- The massaging action of the roller ball can be used to stimulate trigger points in the affected area
- Carry in your bag for easy application on the go
- A safe and effective alternative to oral pain killers
- Consult a doctor if symptoms do not improve or worsen
Did you Know...
Pain currently represents a major global health challenge. Worldwide, it has been estimated that 1 out of every 5 adults suffers from pain and that another 1 in every 10 adults are diagnosed with chronic pain each year.*
Biofreeze Pain Relief Roll-On 84 g / 89 mLBuy Now
Analgesics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024*