Foot & Ankle Pain
Symptoms of Foot & Ankle Pain
Our feet and ankles do a pretty important job getting us from A to B, so when we have an issue, it can really impact everything we do on a daily basis.
- Foot and ankle pain tends to be caused by fractures to the bones and repetitive injuries and sprains, whether this is through sport or day to day activity
- Damage caused to the band of tissue that runs under the sole of the foot can also cause heel pain known as plantar fasciitis
- Ill-fitting footwear could be a contributing factor to foot and ankle pain
- If you are suffering from inflammation in the foot and ankle then try applying the RICE principle of Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation
- Once any inflammation subsides, do some gentle mobilising exercises such as the Ankle ABC where you lift the leg and point your toes to write each letter of the alphabet in as big a motion as can be managed
- If you have any complex conditions and are unable to weight bear, it is important to seek professional advice from a GP
How can Biofreeze help?
We recommend the use of: Biofreeze Spray
- The spray allows easy application to those hard to reach areas of the back
- Delivers the same relief when sprayed upside down
- Ideal for people with limited mobility resulting from conditions such as arthritis
- Also works upside down
- A safe and effective alternative to oral pain killers
- Consult a doctor if symptoms do not improve or worsen
Did you Know...
Chronic pain affects between one-third and one-half of the population in the UK, corresponding to just under 28 million adults, based on data from the best available published studies. This figure is likely to increase further in line with an ageing population.*
Biofreeze Spray Pump 104 G / 118 mLBuy Now
"Fayaz A, Croft P, Langford RM, et al Prevalence of chronic pain in the UK: a systematic review and meta-analysis of population studies"*