Symptoms of Back Pain
Back pain is a very common complaint. It tends to be what is described as 'non-specific' where there is no known cause or 'mechanical' which means that the origin of the pain is likely to be from soft tissue, joints, or individual bones centered around the spine. Lumbago, otherwise referred to as pain in the lower back is particularly prevalent. This type of pain can have an impact on the lower extremities including your legs and feet. Back pain can be felt in a number of ways including muscle aches, stabbing pain and pain that travels down your legs, often leading to reduced mobility and flexibility.
In most cases the pain isn't caused by anything serious and will usually resolve itself within a few weeks to months.
- Bending or twisting awkwardly
- Lifting and carrying heavy objects
- Sitting for extended periods of time such as at work or driving - often in a hunched or slouchy position
There are some remedies you can try at home to help alleviate this pain:
- First of all, it is really important to keep moving. Simple back exercises and stretches can help reduce pain. Your GP or physiotherapist will be able to provide support on those exercises that are appropriate for your condition
- Yoga, pilates, swimming and walking can also be beneficial in relieving symptoms of back pain
How can Biofreeze help?
We recommend the use of: Biofreeze Spray Pump for the upper body
- The spray allows easy application to those hard to reach areas of the back
- Ideal for people with limited mobility resulting from conditions such as arthitis
- A safe and effective alternative to oral pain killers
- Delivers the same relief when sprayed upside down
We recommend the use of: Biofreeze Roll-On for the lower body
- Roll-On application allows effective delivery of Biofreeze gel to smaller muscles and joints throughout the body. The massaging action of the roller ball can be used to stimulate trigger points in the affected area
- Consult a doctor if symptoms do not improve or worsen
Did you Know...
In a recent study, the most common complaint was back pain, with 62% of the sample affected.*
Of those participants with back pain, 24% regularly used topical pain relief 2-3 times a week to alleviate their symptoms.*
Biofreeze Spray Pump 104 G / 118 mLBuy Now
Biofreeze Pain Relief Roll-On 84 g / 89 mLBuy Now
Market Research commissioned by Boxclever in 2018*